Hawk attack just now. Need help.

You are an amazing human. Thank you for your help. We will give her nutridrench tonight and will try to get a baby aspirin in her. How long does shock typically last? The attack occurred about 48 hours ago.
I'm just a crazy chicken lady, but I'm glad to help. I would expect her to liven up soon of she's on the mend. Having a friend nearby is a good idea as is electrolytes. Electrolytes help with stress.

I love birds, but I have a love-hate relationship with hawks. Not sure which predator I dislike more... hawks, raccoons, or roaming dogs....

I'm just a crazy chicken lady, but I'm glad to help. I would expect her to liven up soon of she's on the mend. Having a friend nearby is a good idea as is electrolytes. Electrolytes help with stress.

I love birds, but I have a love-hate relationship with hawks. Not sure which predator I dislike more... hawks, raccoons, or roaming dogs....
Hahah same about the hawks. Monday I had nothing but love for them. Now it’s love/hate. Tonight, just now, Pua ate and drank a half cup of egg yolk water slurry. I put nutridrench in it too. Then she did a white poop. This must mean the water is moving through her body. I am much more so hopeful now than I was an hour ago. Thank you again. Really and truly.

Whew! got some calories in there. Seriously, about the friend--we've had attack-rescued and sewed-together birds in serious trouble before and having a fellow bird close by to see and hear them eating and drinking does something amazing that no human can do for the recovering victim.

Hydro Hen is electrolytes and probiotics and something else. We always use it when our birds get stressed! How's your little girl doing?
Thank you for asking and thank you for your help. Update: Tonight, just an hour or so ago Pua ate and drank a half cup of egg yolk water slurry! It’s like she was waking up from being stunned. We had to keep nudging her and when we did she would slurp down the slurry. I put nutridrench in it too. Then she did a white poop!! This must mean the water is moving through her body. I am much more so hopeful now than I was an hour ago. Thank you again.

Whew! got some calories in there. Seriously, about the friend--we've had attack-rescued and sewed-together birds in serious trouble before and having a fellow bird close by to see and hear them eating and drinking does something amazing that no human can do for the recovering victim.
Thank you very much for this. We are going to have her best friend Hei Hei come in for a visit tomorrow. Will keep you posted and thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom