Hawk attack

Livingthehenlife

Chirping
Apr 29, 2020
Hi everybody one of my juvenile Pullets was attacked by A hawk today luckily I made it out in time to grab her before any major damage was done. It appears she sustained a pretty good injury to her wing which the blood is clouded nicely and is healing however when she drinks or opens her beak there’s a loud clicking noise. One side of her face seems rather swollen but I don’t see any indication a a puncture wound. She is pretty scared and not interested in moving around much I’ve got her inside resting. If anybody has any information on the clicking in her beak let me know

Attachments

• C6A8BD6B-8391-4E75-958B-5B5A7B1FF9A6.jpeg
    C6A8BD6B-8391-4E75-958B-5B5A7B1FF9A6.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 10
  • B634A5A0-F719-4B84-B528-A83AD911BEAD.jpeg
    B634A5A0-F719-4B84-B528-A83AD911BEAD.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 10
Not sure. Hopefully someone will know. I'd watch her carefully and maybe you will discover an issue. I had some birds that were attacked by an owl. They were so freaked out. Luckily I had an empty coop so I moved them into it. They were freaked for several days especially my male. When I moved him he was very bloody. He was screaming. I didn't really see injuries. He must have fought hard. Him and two females survived but several others didn't. Good luck...

After the owl incident I completely covered all of the pens with netting and attached it to the coop I have some coops that are open on one side.

thw same exact thing happened to me separate her and put some vecaniry ( not sure how to spell that) on her and she will be fine she will proabaly ethier lose the eye or have a droopy eye

Back
Top Bottom