HAWK ATTACK!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by herechickchick, Nov 9, 2007.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    It happened, a hawk killed one of my Australorps today! I am so sad and mad because the SOB can come into my yard and kill my pets but I can not kill it!. It ripped her head off and I guess took it with him? It is no where to be found. She was disemboweled and It was just a mess.

Sorry I just wanted to tell someone. [​IMG]

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    geez, how horrible, so sorry [​IMG]

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Thanks

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    So sorry!! Hawks have been so active here lately, and can't let my chickens free range. Unhappy birds but need to keep them safe. Sometimes things happen no matter how hard we try and protect our birds. It still feels horrible tho. [​IMG]

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Thats hard to take, Sorry to hear it!
    I would never tell anyone to break the law. So I would never tell you to blast that SOB to the big Rapter hunting ground in the next life.

6. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to loose animals, I have lost 12 chickens in the last 9 days, including an austrolorp pair. It's hard when you can't do anything, and some people with give you grief when you can and do. Hope it doesn't happen again!!!

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Adam, I am so very sorry. With winter coming..and the field mice going low in the ground, chickens are more at risk. I pray you dont lose any more....be safe.

8. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    So very sorry to hear this............. JJ

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I haven't let mine free range for several months to many hawks in the area. Most of the time you only see one a couple times a year. But the past few months a couple have been hanging around a lot. I'd rather keep them locked up in the run so they are safe for the time being.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Unless there's piles of feathers, it might not've been a hawk.
    That sounds more like a raccoon.
    I've had to pick up the remains of a Redtail's pigeon lunch in the neighbour's yard before their baby found it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by