HAWK ATTACK!

herechickchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Memphis TN
It happened, a hawk killed one of my Australorps today! I am so sad and mad because the SOB can come into my yard and kill my pets but I can not kill it!. It ripped her head off and I guess took it with him? It is no where to be found. She was disemboweled and It was just a mess.

Sorry I just wanted to tell someone.
hit.gif

So sorry!! Hawks have been so active here lately, and can't let my chickens free range. Unhappy birds but need to keep them safe. Sometimes things happen no matter how hard we try and protect our birds. It still feels horrible tho.
hugs.gif

Thats hard to take, Sorry to hear it!
I would never tell anyone to break the law. So I would never tell you to blast that SOB to the big Rapter hunting ground in the next life.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to loose animals, I have lost 12 chickens in the last 9 days, including an austrolorp pair. It's hard when you can't do anything, and some people with give you grief when you can and do. Hope it doesn't happen again!!!

I haven't let mine free range for several months to many hawks in the area. Most of the time you only see one a couple times a year. But the past few months a couple have been hanging around a lot. I'd rather keep them locked up in the run so they are safe for the time being.

Unless there's piles of feathers, it might not've been a hawk.
That sounds more like a raccoon.
I've had to pick up the remains of a Redtail's pigeon lunch in the neighbour's yard before their baby found it.

Back
Top Bottom