Hawk grabbed call duck! Help needed!

Is that his poop? Is he eating? Try flushing the wound with vetrycin, or bedadine. Then put vetrycin, and neosporin on it and make sure he is leaving it alone. Is he in a warm place? Make sure to keep flies off him, and keep treating the eye. You are doing everything right to being with. Try and get some more pics and keep us posted! Avery
Yes, he's eating and drinking. That was one of his poops but the others look normal. He is inside, I have a fly net over him so the flies dont bother him. I flushed the wound with saline and then applied vetrycin and triple antibiotic. I treated the eye with terrimycin. I'll get more pics in the morning. Thanks much.

20200812_234114.jpg

20200812_234125.jpg

Just rechecked him. All's well. He's putting his head low but I figure it's because he's tired. Here's his eye as of now. I decided it best to leave his girl with him for the night.

He looks so much better! Just a quick question what terrimycin eye ointment do you use? I want to buy it to keep on hand fo ray chickens, seemed to work really well for him! :D Thanks, Avery
I definitely think so! I'm not sure exactly but I'll get a picture of it tomorrow. I picked it up at tractor supply. It works very well, I was lucky to have some on hand from a rabbit with an injured eye.

Here’s a video from this am. He still seems to be doing good. He’s still holding his head down close to the ground sometimes. I’m not sure if it’s because of pain, vision problems, or if he’s got an injury to his neck. I’d say that he’s doing well for all that he went through. That hawk picked him up then took him out behind the fence and stood overtop of him while trying to puncture him. I’m very glad I was outside or else the hawk might have got him.

Back
Top Bottom