Hawk grabbed call duck! Help needed!

We had the same thing happen last week my Muscovy and the Hawk missed her ( thank God) she got several wounds to her face one puncture close to her eye but not in it.I have been using Terramycin in it also. She still holds it closed at times but no more liquid running out. She is still traumatized from it though. I’m glad to see your little drake is doing so good.

We had the same thing happen last week my Muscovy and the Hawk missed her ( thank God) she got several wounds to her face one puncture close to her eye but not in it.I have been using Terramycin in it also. She still holds it closed at times but no more liquid running out. She is still traumatized from it though. I’m glad to see your little drake is doing so good.
Thanks much. Those pesky hawks! Keep me updated on your little Muscovy. Splash seems to be doing good. I’m not sure why he’s holding his head low but I think he’ll be alright. I let him and little Squeegee our to eat with the other ducks this morning... they decided they’d rather run around and go to the pool... they then proceeded to run over in my neighbors yard and Squeegee layed an egg! I’m thinking little Splash is on the mend.

Look at this beautiful little egg that Splash’s girl layed! This is the first one I’ve got because she made a nest with the others in my neighbors burn pile. Of course she had to put them somewhere inaccessible! I was overjoyed to find this! I set it in the incubator with the guinea eggs. I’m going to try to collect the others and add them. I’ll try not to injure myself while going under a giant pile of branches! :lau She’s been laying for a few weeks so there’s got to be quite a few!

Attachments

• EB693F8E-C7AE-46C6-BCF8-8471ADED61EB.jpeg
    EB693F8E-C7AE-46C6-BCF8-8471ADED61EB.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 1
  • C00DD364-D1EC-49F2-92D2-C30863F6F39D.jpeg
    C00DD364-D1EC-49F2-92D2-C30863F6F39D.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Little Splash is doing well. He’s outside being supervised with his two girls for a while . So far they’ve ran around the yard, gone swimming, and dug in mud puddles. I’m so surprised at how resilient ducks are, especially being so tiny. I put them in a little kiddy pool but I looked away for a minute only to finds that they had run over and flew into the koi pond. Splash even flew in there all by himself. After the bath they all preened and now they’re resting in the shade under my deck. :lol:

Look at this beautiful little egg that Splash’s girl layed! This is the first one I’ve got because she made a nest with the others in my neighbors burn pile. Of course she had to put them somewhere inaccessible! I was overjoyed to find this! I set it in the incubator with the guinea eggs. I’m going to try to collect the others and add them. I’ll try not to injure myself while going under a giant pile of branches! :lau She’s been laying for a few weeks so there’s got to be quite a few!
Wow that's so cool ! (The egg)
I'm so I glad your Drake is doing ok , hope he gets better ! Did you use antibiotic ointment with pain relief ? I've heard it's dangerous to poultry .

If you don't mind me asking were did you get your call ducks ( they are call ducks right)?

Wow that's so cool ! (The egg)
I'm so I glad your Drake is doing ok , hope he gets better ! Did you use antibiotic ointment with pain relief ? I've heard it's dangerous to poultry .

If you don't mind me asking were did you get your call ducks ( they are call ducks right)?
Thanks, me too! I did not use antibiotic ointment that had pain relief. (I read about that as well)... I got my calls (yes they're calls) from Johnson's Waterfowl. They were shipped out as day olds. Out of the six that I ordered, five were completely healthy and well. One passed away but it was a weak one to start out with. I couldn't recommend them enough! They were great with letting you know the ship dates and were very kind. If I can recall I ordered assorted and it was about 6 dollars per duckling and shipping was only $15! I have two other unrelated drakes that I got from someone nearby. One is a blue fawn pied and the other is a blue fawn. :D

Update: little Splash is continuing to do well. He has only wanted treats so far today though. He ate some ultra kibble, peas, and about 20 shrimp cat treats, and drank lots of water. It's been 24 hours from the attack. He swam again, flew off my deck, and ran around the yard. He's a little charmer for sure. He even chased the pekin ducks! :)
His eye looks better, and I figured out that it's not his eye that's injured. He has a puncture directly in front of his eye. That's what caused the swelling. He can see out of it but not that well. He's not putting his head down as much now.

Back
Top Bottom