Hawk grabbed call duck! Help needed!

Little splash is still doing good. It’s been 48 hours since the attack. He’s not eating much, but neither are the two females that are in with him. He ate a couple more cat treats but that’s about it. I tried peas but none of the ducks liked them... is there another treat I can give him to get some more food in him. He’s still drinking, ate a bit, ran around the yard, flapped his wings, and preened with the others. I got a video of him and his girls but was unable to post it. He went for a swim and enjoyed it. He also flew again. I went over and was able to find Squeegee’s nest! I now have eight call eggs in my incubator!!!

My ducks love mealworms. You can sprinkle them on his water too. Glad to hear he is doing so well.
I’ll try that. He’s doing very well. As I type he’s with the rest of the flock playing in the sprinkler. He chased the other male, munchie, pulled on his feathers and showed him that he’s definitely still in charge. To my surprise, when they were swimming, he even mated with his girl. He is definitely a little fighter! :lol:

Attachments

• E84B5BD2-3C2B-4B80-BAE0-E2E21A6093D5.jpeg
    E84B5BD2-3C2B-4B80-BAE0-E2E21A6093D5.jpeg
    720.4 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom