Hawk grabbed call duck! Help needed!

He is doing great!
:love :celebrate :wee
Glad to hear he's doing well!
Thanks much! Me too! He’s always been spunky and I think that’s helping him recover. :)
his puncture wounds look better as well. I’m still treating those and his eye. I will post pictures of both later.Here’s a video of them playing outside. Sorry about the loud ad on the radio in the background... :gig

Aww they are so cute! He looks GREAT!
He does! If you didn’t know he was injured you probably wouldn’t guess! :lol::ya

I’m very pleased with how he’s doing considering that it could have been a lot worse! if I hadn’t been outside he may have been hawk food! :eek:
I’ll keep routinely updating and hope he fully heals up quickly!:D

I’ve got his offspring in the incubator right now! Just set this morning! I’m betting he’ll be a proud father!

I do believe that since the eggs are Snowy x Black Bibbed that all the ducklings would be black bibbed like him! Is this assumption correct @Isaac 0 ? I’m hoping I get at least one out of the eight!

Here’s the eggs! I also have nine guinea eggs in with them! They’re so tiny!

Attachments

• 647497D3-A493-4319-9CB8-5C71C0DAC16D.jpeg
    647497D3-A493-4319-9CB8-5C71C0DAC16D.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 5
He does! If you didn’t know he was injured you probably wouldn’t guess! :lol::ya

I’m very pleased with how he’s doing considering that it could have been a lot worse! if I hadn’t been outside he may have been hawk food! :eek:
I’ll keep routinely updating and hope he fully heals up quickly!:D

Yes if I never heard he was hurt I NEVER would have thought that he ever got hurt!

Never would have would have thought he was almost a hawks meal either!
It could have been a lot lot lot lot worse than it was!
Keep us up to date on how he is doing.
Good luck and best wishes with your flock and I hope he heals up quickly!

Yes if I never heard he was hurt I NEVER would have thought that he ever got hurt!

Never would have would have thought he was almost a hawks meal either!
It could have been a lot lot lot lot worse than it was!
Keep us up to date on how he is doing.
Good luck and best wishes with your flock and I hope he heals up quickly!
It’s truly unbelievable how resilient tiny little ducks are! I will definitely keep updating! It definitely could have been worse! Thanks so very much for your support! Me too!

I’ve got his offspring in the incubator right now! Just set this morning! I’m betting he’ll be a proud father!

I do believe that since the eggs are Snowy x Black Bibbed that all the ducklings would be black bibbed like him! Is this assumption correct @Isaac 0 ? I’m hoping I get at least one out of the eight!

I'm not very familiar with genetics, but I do think black is a dominant gene, so yes.

Best of luck!

Here’s little Splash’s head injury and eye tonight. Looking good. His eye does look a bit cloudy so I’m not sure if he has impaired vision or not? I couldn’t get a picture of the puncture on his chest but it looks better as well. Sorry the pictures aren’t the best quality.

Attachments

• 241650AE-A242-4F8C-BAC0-E41791057D41.jpeg
    241650AE-A242-4F8C-BAC0-E41791057D41.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 5
  • D0178293-9B12-4DA5-A8A3-58ACAFA5B33B.jpeg
    D0178293-9B12-4DA5-A8A3-58ACAFA5B33B.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 21371FED-A9BD-4004-A585-1610AA1CD653.jpeg
    21371FED-A9BD-4004-A585-1610AA1CD653.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom