HAWK HAS KILLED AGAIN

chickencrazy21

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 22, 2012
west covina california
I found 4 horribly torn up chicks yesterday in my coop i had saw a hawk fly away when i went up. I then had to put down my first chick/chicken as well as it had a broken leg with the bone sticking threw the leg. We put up some tarps to cover the space but there were still gaps (had a family friend whos brain was froed by drugs cut the treee he cut too much) i wemt to check on them today. 2 more dead. Now thats a total of 7 chicks its killed out of the 18 i ordered. Besides putting up more tarps what can i do to keep them away. I have 3 roos of all diffrent ages. They have done NOTHING to protect the girls. Im a beyond devistated. It got my favorite chick the only one i had named out of the 18. I have raised them sonce 3 days old. Please any and all advice is appriciated. I did have someone to ask called the chicken chick. She blocked me when i did nothing wrong. These are my babies plz help me i feel like im being punished!

Sorry about the situation. You will have to lock them in their coop until you can cover the entire run with wire. Once they have located a food source, hawks will continue to return until all have been killed.

Back
Top Bottom