Hawk scare

I have a neighbor who was trying to get hawks to land in the backyard on her arms. One was swooping down real close a couple feet from fence level when I had walked outside of my door. When it saw me it bailed out. Hawks know what happens around here. My neighbor is a very weird lady she had the nerve to say "the hawk wasn't trying to eat your chickens it was trying to land on my arm" ??? What? hawks are predatory you think that thing was trying to be your friend? It was trying to eat my chickens and you were encouraging it by offering it food??? She's a weird lonely old woman who is like desperate for friends even if it's a wild animal. I put down a possum that attacked my chickens and that outraged her because animals have the right to live to. This is PETA level garbage. My chickens have the right to live too

I got lucky the other day she stepped outside and possibly scared a hawk off while I was asleep. I'm paranoid now so I'm trying to keep my guard up even though I work night and sleep days. The hawks around here have a schedule and like to attack early in morning. It's the time of the year when hawks come around here in huge flocks. I have to keep patrolling my backyard every 20-30 minutes.
I would have thought about dumping all the dead chickens in her porch. Self absorbed is what she is. If it was her chickens and you feeding the hawk. Can you imagine how bat poop crazy she would have gone

I would have thought about dumping all the dead chickens in her porch. Self absorbed is what she is. If it was her chickens and you feeding the hawk. Can you imagine how bat poop crazy she would have gone

Mailbox, not porch! Especially when it is hot outside, makes for a nice smelling surprise. I doubt it is legal, or smart.... those issues aside, if you were going to dump them on her porch, you should do it right and use the mailbox haha

Mailbox, not porch! Especially when it is hot outside, makes for a nice smelling surprise. I doubt it is legal, or smart.... those issues aside, if you were going to dump them on her porch, you should do it right and use the mailbox haha
I probably won’t do anything but I sure think of a lot of bad things to do to her. She’s pretty much training these hawks to eat near her. If it happened again...Hell hath no fury as a woman having her chickens killed! LOL

Sounds like your neighborhood crazy lady and my neighborhood crazy lady are baked from the same batch. If the motivation is attention, (often is, as is the case with mine, and yes she is an animal expert in her own mind as well) I'd ignore her, and ignore her again! I don't believe in rewarding bad behavior. Sounds like she is being passive aggressive. "You have chickens so hmmm what creature do I want to encourage? I know! Hawks!" Whats next fisher cats? Do everything you can to make it not worth the hawks risk of injury to be there. I don't have a lot of experience with hawks, only one time, and the hawk got hit with a pvc pipe while trying to get lift off with a chicken. (Chicken was ok with a few booboos and some lost feathers) Hawk never came back though I've seen them in my area and we are still on alert. I do have, however, a lot of experience with a crazy lady!:barnie
My crazy lady has a savannah cat (serval mixed with a domestic cat.) She has let it roam, reeking havoc around the neighborhood. Like birds? tough...Think the bunnies in your back yard are cute? too bad they are dead. Don't like cat pee on your front door? You are out of luck. Seriously...BC (Before chickens) Murder Machine was doing everything it could to get inside my house to get to my cats, so I was working like mad to scare it away....Crazy pants knew this. My neighbors told me she was bringing Murder Machine over when I wasn't home, to "vist" my tenant, and would lift it up to my picture window to see my cats inside. Whatttt??!!
I think MM messed with my chickens once, but they made such a commotion it was scared away. Scared the be-jesus out of the girls, but they are fine and Crazy Pants has been banned from my property. Though we have to deal with her time to time. :he Anyhow, I can relate! Good luck deterring the hawks, and protecting your flock and good luck with "Mother of Hawks"! (Hmmm...Mother of Dragons went crazy too...) I'm going to predict we haven't heard the last of her!
Best,

Sounds like your neighborhood crazy lady and my neighborhood crazy lady are baked from the same batch. If the motivation is attention, (often is, as is the case with mine, and yes she is an animal expert in her own mind as well) I'd ignore her, and ignore her again! I don't believe in rewarding bad behavior. Sounds like she is being passive aggressive. "You have chickens so hmmm what creature do I want to encourage? I know! Hawks!" Whats next fisher cats? Do everything you can to make it not worth the hawks risk of injury to be there. I don't have a lot of experience with hawks, only one time, and the hawk got hit with a pvc pipe while trying to get lift off with a chicken. (Chicken was ok with a few booboos and some lost feathers) Hawk never came back though I've seen them in my area and we are still on alert. I do have, however, a lot of experience with a crazy lady!:barnie
My crazy lady has a savannah cat (serval mixed with a domestic cat.) She has let it roam, reeking havoc around the neighborhood. Like birds? tough...Think the bunnies in your back yard are cute? too bad they are dead. Don't like cat pee on your front door? You are out of luck. Seriously...BC (Before chickens) Murder Machine was doing everything it could to get inside my house to get to my cats, so I was working like mad to scare it away....Crazy pants knew this. My neighbors told me she was bringing Murder Machine over when I wasn't home, to "vist" my tenant, and would lift it up to my picture window to see my cats inside. Whatttt??!!
I think MM messed with my chickens once, but they made such a commotion it was scared away. Scared the be-jesus out of the girls, but they are fine and Crazy Pants has been banned from my property. Though we have to deal with her time to time. :he Anyhow, I can relate! Good luck deterring the hawks, and protecting your flock and good luck with "Mother of Hawks"! (Hmmm...Mother of Dragons went crazy too...) I'm going to predict we haven't heard the last of her!
Best,
What the flock!! Ding ding ding. We have a winner for crazies neighbor!
I love the pvc pipe and mother of hawks. Lol

I remember lol.. my neighbor was complaining about the chickens so I fenced them up and then she started complaining about the fence saying it was hindering her way of life and she felt like a caged animals not being able to walk that direction. SHE IS THE ONE WHO WANTED ME TO PUT IT UP

Back
Top Bottom