Hawkeye vs Suede-Who Won?? Oops, Accidental Meeting! LONG

Wow, Cyn, good thing you were there to break it up! I can just picture Hawkeye standing there with the blue trophy feathers in his beak! I am so glad that they both came out of it with minimal damage--it could have been so much worse! Do the girls seem upset?

sounds like they would have battled to the death if you hadn't been there!!!

i'm sure suede will lift his head again and perk up soon. watch out for infection... i like bag balm myself.

julie
smile.png

They run back and forth down that fence all day long. I have plans to permanently move Suede and his harem to another coop and let the laying flock spread out to the entire two halves of that one, but it will be a few months before that happens, I think.
I'll be checking Suede for infection, especially a gouge at the base of the comb right above the nares. That one was pretty deep, it seemed. Everything else seems fairly superficial, unless I missed a body wound.
The girls don't seem upset, except that Velvet didnt lay her egg I was waiting for today, dang it. I'm very glad that Zane was in the nursery pen by himself. Suede might have killed him.

Last edited:
Holy cow! Lucky you came along when you did!! I'm so glad there wasn't any serious injury done to either of your boys!

Don't you just love Spring - the hormones are just killer!!!

Lori

Wow, least you were home when this happened. I had 3 roosters and four hens ( This is before I knew anything about chickens ). I went out they were all fighting one ran away and only came back home once and the other to keep there distance.

Back
Top Bottom