Hawks are back...and bolder.

That is a good idea about the rock salt; I'd forgotten about that; you can use if for anything. I would be a bit reluctant about the paint ball guns, although that is a funny story about the parrot; I'd be afraid the paint might harm them? Don't know anything really about paintball. Our dog will chase the hawks, too, but when the weather is bad she doesn't spend much time outside; and that's when they tend to be around most. The hanging CD's seem to help...not especially attractive, but still...

I do like the idea of rocksalt. Basically, I don't like the idea of shooting raptors either but I feel as though when they start homing in on your flock and other poultry people are having them feed on their birds- well there just to many around and that is why we, the chicken owners, are having such a problem. It could be that we have provided to much chow for them, in effect we have artificially caused an overabundance of food for them and in turn they have reproduced far to many to just keep the rodent population in check.

Not my intention to sound like a rouge operator just had a problem and took care of it best I could with what I had.

JW

Back
Top Bottom