Hawks, Netting, Miracles, and the Missing.

Thank you so much for all of the great suggestions! I'm going to order a few rolls of the heavy netting and a couple of the lighter netting as well to go around some trees! Now I just need to figure out how to attach it to the existing run, privacy fence, and chain link, lol, that should be easy enough with some zip ties, screws and fender washers I think!
IMG_20190427_125031838_HDR.jpg

The little guy is doing better this morning but isn't ready to go out with the main flock so he's getting supervised visitation with the little bitties inside so he doesn't get lonely. Lol, They think he's the coolest "big" chicken they've ever seen but he's still moving slowly so I want to make sure he still gets plenty of alone recovery time too. He's looks a little ratty but the swelling in his eye has gone down significantly!!
IMG_20190430_080413.jpg
IMG_20190430_090803918_HDR.jpg

This was told to me by law enforcement and wildlife officer !! We even have buzzards flying over and killing LIVE calves in this area and they are also suppose to be hands off but they are not when killing ur live stock!!! This is from wildlife officer!! I hunt legally ! I don’t get trigger happy and make sure that what I kill is legal!

When u leave u chicken alone , leave soothing music playing!! Chickens are social animals and don’t like Quiet!! They like sunshine and NEED the vitamin D and music also helps keep them calm & soothe them!! Believe me I know - I had a dog rip the intestines out of a hen & I saved her by the Grace of God and my TLC and I still have her today 5 yrs later & she is still laying & dominant hen bc she is the oldest and smartest & most spoiled & jumps for meal worms !!

This was told to me by law enforcement and wildlife officer !! We even have buzzards flying over and killing LIVE calves in this area and they are also suppose to be hands off but they are not when killing ur live stock!!! This is from wildlife officer!! I hunt legally ! I don’t get trigger happy and make sure that what I kill is legal!

:eek:We have buzzards everywhere! That's crazy! I've never seen one kill anything, even though they're plenty big enough to do so...then again, where I live it's not exactly difficult to find roadkill...lol :rolleyes:

When u leave u chicken alone , leave soothing music playing!! Chickens are social animals and don’t like Quiet!! They like sunshine and NEED the vitamin D and music also helps keep them calm & soothe them!! Believe me I know - I had a dog rip the intestines out of a hen & I saved her by the Grace of God and my TLC and I still have her today 5 yrs later & she is still laying & dominant hen bc she is the oldest and smartest & most spoiled & jumps for meal worms !!

WOW! That's an incredible recovery for your hen! I feel even better about this little guy pulling through now! When I got home, he had already started to half open his eye. :celebrate
The music is a wonderful idea! He's in a bin right next to the brooder full of bitties though so it's anything but quiet with all those peeps, lol. They are also right by a window so they get partial sunlight all day.

Uh huh. I never said anything about buzzards. I said hawks, owls, eagles, etc are ILLEGAL to kill. GOOGLE it yourself. Whatever nit twit told you this needs to take on another job.

Uh huh. I never said anything about buzzards. I said hawks, owls, eagles, etc are ILLEGAL to kill. GOOGLE it yourself. Whatever nit twit told you this needs to take on another job.

It's no worries you guys, I'm not shooting anything whether it be big-ugly-bald-headed-headed-buzzards, birds of prey, or the neighbor's cat pooping in my garden. I'm one of those sissies that doesn't even like killing bugs...unless I'm feeding it to my chickens...once I give a bug to the chickens it's up to them whether it lives or dies, lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom