Hawks repellent, deterrent , Need Help Advice...

I just went out and found a hawk making a nice little meal out of my 6 month old silkie. He was just standing there inside my fence, chowing down on the beautiful little bird that I had hand raised, loved and took care of for the last 6 months. It broke my heart.

I have to stop this from happening again. I have found some holographic tape and wondered if that would work. Anybody try this? Any other ideas?

Last edited:
I started the same kind of topic yesterday, when I first got chickens people suggested getting turkeys for flying predators, I did have 2 hens and a tom but I had to rehome the tom as my border collie and him hated each other and would fight. I still have one hen that hangs with the chickens and she obviously didnt keep hawks away I just lost my beautiful rooster and one brahma hen in 2 days. Very upsetting. Breaks my heart.

A hawk swooped down and actually hit the chicken wire while trying to get at my chickens. My coop and little courtyard are fenced in so I was very surprised that it even tried. I Can't believe it was so bold. My chickens and chicks ran inside their coop and didn't come back out for hours.

Back
Top Bottom