Hawks :(

The first time I heard peacocks scream I thought our neighbors were beating their children (come to find out they did not have children - just peacocks). Would have scared me away !!! ~: )

Really a male is too small ? never would have thought that, not too long before the hawk got my hen I was walking around to the front of my house and saw my game bantam roo just barely miss get taken by a small hawk that around here is called a sparrow hawk, The roo flew over the fence with the hawk close on him till the hawk saw me and it looked like it stopped in mid air did a 360 and took off. The hawk that killed my lil hen was huge. 

Yes birds of prey feature reverse sexual dimorphism which is where the female are larger than the males

Not sure I have 2 geese and the hawk still came into the fenced property right off of where the house is and killed the hen. Those geese were as terrified as the rest of the ducks/chickens were. Matter of fact foamyownsyou has probably seen the youtube video where the falcon takes down a Canada goose I could only watch till the falcon got it on the ground then had to get off. .I'm not sure a Peacock could scare off a hawk either. What would they use a defense? other than the scream lol

Plastic owls work great at keeping them away if you move them everyday

The first time I heard peacocks scream I thought our neighbors were beating their children (come to find out they did not have children - just peacocks). Would have scared me away !!! ~: )
lol.png
I've heard that scream it would send me running.

Found this hawk alive and hanging upside down in our run. It attacked one of my girls but she's going to be okay.. Now I'm only letting the ladies out when someone's keeping an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom