Hay for geese

donkeydew2farms

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2014
I was wondering what kind of hay every one feeds if you feed hay. I have sixteen geese there is no grass left . I think they are getting bored. I have some bale hay I get from the tractor store but it is not very good. thanks.

I've tried hay, but neither of mine paid any attention to it. I bought a couple different types packaged for rabbits. I would be interested to see if they paid more attention to a fresher bale sold by a local farmer. You could check Craigslist to see if anyone in your area is selling some.

Our local feed stores carry small bales for horses. That's what I'd try to find. Geese do not dive into hay the same as grain or treats, but do appreciate grazing on it 24/7. It seems there's always at least of couple of our geese cleaning up hay around our hay trailer or fence-line where we throw hay to our horses.

Our local feed stores carry small bales for horses. That's what I'd try to find. Geese do not dive into hay the same as grain or treats, but do appreciate grazing on it 24/7. It seems there's always at least of couple of our geese cleaning up hay around our hay trailer or fence-line where we throw hay to our horses.
thanks I use rolled hay for my donkeys I get small bales for the geese and tortoise . but the hay this years not so good the I give it to the donkeys for in-between roll hay I have to have it delivered . they are not thrill with it they leave a lot. my tortoise doesn't really eat it also. I end up getting pasture hay for rabbits pricey. they sell compress timothy for horse has any body used that.

The BEST thing for your geese in the winter is sprouted barley. There was a guy selling the kits for sprouting on the Buff Geese group on FB. Other than that, alfalfa is great, either as hay or as pellets. I get Haysaver from Hunter Nutrition in my area. The guy who builds the sprouting racks is Greg and his number is 541 977-4104

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom