HE CAME UP ON MY PORCH!!!

Are her chickens safe? What safe-guards does she use?

About all I can do for mine right now is to lock them in the coop but it wasn't meant to hold about 80-90 chickens, guineas, ducks and geese. I had hoped the little ones, bantam Cochins and others as small as they, would be safe in a pen right next to our front porch but he pulled one out through the fence, and the light was on!!
A secure coop is really the only way to keep them safe. Mink and weasels can walk through most fences, raccoons and fishers can pull them through. If the fenced in area isn't covered then you have owls, and fishers can climb very well too. If the fence isn't tall foxes, coyotes and bobcats can jump over the top.

A secure coop is really the only way to keep them safe. Mink and weasels can walk through most fences, raccoons and fishers can pull them through. If the fenced in area isn't covered then you have owls, and fishers can climb very well too. If the fence isn't tall foxes, coyotes and bobcats can jump over the top.
What are fishers?

What are fishers?
FisherCat.jpg

They are members of the weasel family. They average about 3 feet in length.

FisherCat.jpg

They are members of the weasel family. They average about 3 feet in length.
I haven't seen any pictures of anything that looks like that around here and I hadn't heard of them before I hope there are none around. I already have the raccoons, opossums and armadillos and recently I saw a coyote crossing the freeway about 1/8 mile north of us. LOL I don't need any more predators.

Back
Top Bottom