He did it! He did it!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by gritsar, Jun 13, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Yesterday evening I was working up the courage to ask a really stupid question....do brahmas roos have a strange crow. [​IMG] Seems Zeus has been trying for a couple weeks now, but it always came out like a broken car horn, or a worn out squeaky toy or as my SO thought "one of the dogs is stranglin" Well this morning at 6 AM Zeus finally got the hang of it. It was a right fine cockledoodle (he left off the 'do'). I'm sooo proud of him. My roo is crowing and all's right with my world. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Congrats! [​IMG] Rudy has a really nice crow, I'm sure Zeus' will develop just fine. Rudy actually developed really slow, and I thought he was a "she" for awhile...[​IMG]

I'm sure Zeus can't sound worse then my little Hamburg guy...a year later, and he *still* sounds pitiful! [​IMG]

3. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Oberon has been making funny noises since he was 3 weeks old, but now he's getting pretty regular with his timing ...still a little late for daybreak, but it's probably for the best (in the city.. LOL) ...and then his version of midday.. which is 3'ish pm for him [​IMG]

Like I said, the timing is pretty regular ...the sounds that come out ..not so much! [​IMG]

Congratulations on your boy finding his voice! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by