he is bad quality

Quote:
Oh no i was giving him and a hen for free...

The price was certainly right.

Last edited:
heres his girl
chickens023.jpg

chickens024.jpg

chickens025.jpg

I thought she was a nice hen? She Lays like a champion!

Joel, well I think your hen is a nice looking hen. She has more substance, and her color is clearer than the roo. The comments about the roo are accurate, unfortunately but I felt myself cringe a bit at the manner of their presentation. I don't know if there is an easier way to say those things that need to be said, maybe not because I don't think any of us like this unpleasant side if having chickens. It would be just great if they were all perfect, but that's just not the way it is. I'm pretty much with the rest of the folks, I don't think I'd let that roo reproduce. The first pictures that were posted are lovely chickens and I think if you study those pics you can see where they are different in body build. Have you considered joining 4-H? There are some very active, extremely educational clubs that will really teach you a lot. Actually, they will help you decide on whatever direction you might want to go with chickens. You could end up wanting to show or breed or who knows what, but they will help you with whatever you want to do. I think it's wonderful that you have your chickens and your taking such and interest. I wish more young people were doing the same thing. Kudos to you.
thumbsup.gif

You Aussies need to work on comb size! Lol. Most of the wyandotte bantam roosters I have seen have the comb size of your hen. Breed them and see what comes out, you could get some good birds from them. Eventually you could have some show winners out of that pair if you hatch every egg from them and cull heavily.

Back
Top Bottom