He may have a job!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by vfem, Nov 25, 2008.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My husband got laid off the first week of October. He worked construction, so we kind of saw this coming. We were thankful though, the company had several rounds of layoffs and did not dismiss him until they just had NO work and went under. He was beyond grateful to feel that important to the company.

Anyways, after weeks and weeks of nothing but headaches and dozens of resumes out through, mail, email and in person I think he finally got a job.

He had one of his first interviews this morning (the industry is so bad most the jobs pay $3-6 an hour less then he's used to, and even they have so much interest they just don't call anyone back). They called him on the phone and said they really wanted it to be him to take the job... and all he had to do was say he wanted it!

Of course he did!!! So they said they needed to double check his references which they were sure were great, and cancel the rest of their interviews as not to waste anyone's time. They haven't officially said he HAS the job... but they already told him his schedule, pay schedule, gotten him set up for a company vehicle and company gas card. He'll be doing more on site estimates for work, not actually having to do construction anymore... AND a pay increase!!!!

I'm so grateful right now.... I have my good vibes flowing, and ready to scream "THANK YOU" when that phone rings again.

With the holiday season can come many blessings.

2. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    [​IMG]
    great news!
    [​IMG]

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    I'm so happy for you. Must feel like a weight has been lifted! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    vfem, best fortune with your hubby's job possibility. I know how difficult it can be. Hopefully his new company has diversified so that it's future rests on associated services to just construction.

Have a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like you already are.

5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I hope it works out, great news!

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    WOO-HOO!!

8. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    That's great news. What a blessing at Thanksgiving!!

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wonderful! Sending positive energy your way!

10. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by