Head injury

This is my boy this morning is it cruel to keep him like this although he hasn't eaten yet he had a small drink as I held a bowl of water under his beak. I was trying to put a video on but the attachment just won't upload for some reason.

Last edited:
This is my boy this morning is it cruel to keep him like this although he hasn't eaten yet he had a small drink as I held a bowl of water under his beak. I was trying to put a video on but the attachment just won't upload for some reason.
It needs to be uploaded on youtube and linked here. Make sure its a public video.

Positive sign that he made it through the night. Good that he is drinking some. He may not eat yet. Hope you can get the video posted.❤️

So sorry I did not see the video originally.🙁. Just seeing it for the first time now. I guess you added after I saw your post the first time.
Mine did this for the the first day as well, then she gradually got better. He does not appear to be suffering in the video. Looks like he is trying to eat and drink. How is he now? ❤️
Also probably best to keep him in a smaller space for now, like a large dog kennel, so you can monitor how much, and if, he is eating and drinking and will keep the other chickens from picking on him until he is better.

Last edited:
Positive sign that he made it through the night. Good that he is drinking some. He may not eat yet. Hope you can get the video posted.❤️

So sorry I did not see the video originally.🙁. Just seeing it for the first time now. I guess you added after I saw your post the first time.
Mine did this for the the first day as well, then she gradually got better. He does not appear to be suffering in the video. Looks like he is trying to eat and drink. How is he now? ❤️
Also probably best to keep him in a smaller space for now, like a large dog kennel, so you can monitor how much, and if, he is eating and drinking and will keep the other chickens from picking on him until he is better.
Hi he's eating and drinking if I put the bowl up to his beak he just hasn't worked out how to peck off of the ground he comes running when I shake the treat tin but so far he's only managed to eat scrambled egg but it's a huge improvement from yesterday xx

Hi he's eating and drinking if I put the bowl up to his beak he just hasn't worked out how to peck off of the ground he comes running when I shake the treat tin but so far he's only managed to eat scrambled egg but it's a huge improvement from yesterday xx
Glad to read this.😊
Good signs, it may just take him a few days to get better.
Hoping the best for him.

Back
Top Bottom