Head tremor

Interesting about the plastic. I guess that it is not part of an egg membrane since it looks clear. If you keep on with the vitamin E and B complex, she shouldn’t need other vitamins or electrolytes. I would try to keep her eating offering moistened chicken feed, some scrambled egg bits as most of her diet. Tube feeding is fine if she won’t eat on her own. What do her poops look like?
I’ll weigh her again this afternoon. Her poops are seeming less formed and more runny. Like the picture above. Another photo from this morning.
IMG_3323.jpeg

I’ll weigh her again this afternoon. Her poops are seeming less formed and more runny. Like the picture above. Another photo from this morning.
View attachment 3671677
You're fermenting some feed/grains for them I think you said. If not, that or some other probiotic. Sorry I keep pushing the probiotics but when I see loose stools in any of mine from Day 1, that always fixes it.

When I zoom in I see some small spots of what looks like blood, upper right and lower left are most visible. So maybe cocciciosis on top of everything else. The lethargy and not wanting to eat could also be symptoms. I hate to stop the B vitamins, but I'd start her on Corid to be safe. Thiamine can't be given at the same time, it can make the medication less effective. So I would do that, and then start the B vitamins again after treatment is complete. You can continue the E, that one is fine.
@coach723 ..I do have Corid, so can start her on that. Do I need to wait a while until the Thiamine is out of her system before giving her the Corid? And just to double check the dose, it is 2 ml Corid in a gallon of water for 5 days? Thank you for your help!

@coach723 ..I do have Corid, so can start her on that. Do I need to wait a while until the Thiamine is out of her system before giving her the Corid? And just to double check the dose, it is 2 ml Corid in a gallon of water for 5 days? Thank you for your help!
@coach723 - also, should I treat the rest of the flock, even though she's been separated and their poops look normal?

You're fermenting some feed/grains for them I think you said. If not, that or some other probiotic. Sorry I keep pushing the probiotics but when I see loose stools in any of mine from Day 1, that always fixes it.
Yes, I offer her the fermented grower crumbles first thing in the morning. In the past, she would go crazy over it. Now, she seems like meh. She'll eat a little and that's it. I do have the Save a chick probiotic. If I end up tube feeding her, I could put some of the fermented feed (or yogurt) in with the other stuff. I'll start her on Corid today, as suggested by Coach 723, and take her off any thiamine supplements. This is such a journey. It seems like everyday it could be something else. But truly appreciate everyone's support.

If she's not drinking well, then give her an oral dose of the corid as well as the medicated water. You can do the oral dose once a day for up to 3 days. Once she's drinking normally you can stop the oral dose. Dosing is by weight, instructions are here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
That will help get the medication into her, so it can do some good.

If she's not drinking well, then give her an oral dose of the corid as well as the medicated water. You can do the oral dose once a day for up to 3 days. Once she's drinking normally you can stop the oral dose. Dosing is by weight, instructions are here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
That will help get the medication into her, so it can do some good.
I'll monitor her water with Corid intake today and give her the oral dose this afternoon. Since I'm new to all this, what is the best way to give the oral dose, as I keep seeing conflicting information (via syringe down the throat vs via syringe in the mouth)?

Back
Top Bottom