Heading for the Hills; I hope.

Hedgewitch

Chirping
7 Years
May 10, 2012
River, Near DOVER, UK
(1)Great Grandad had chickens, ducks and turkeys, so did my Grandmother and I always wanted to be a farmer; still do.

(2) I have 1 Coronation Sussex, 9 White Leghorns, 2 Geese & 2 ducks; all hatched since February. there are 10 Pekins too, that my son bought at a local smallholders auction and an odd Silkie hen he took a liking to. I want to concentrate on the breeds on the rare Breeds Survival trust list here in the UK.
I had a lot a couple of years back, different breeds and was slowly building a reputation for good, strong, traditional stock when to woman I rented the land from fell foul of some travellers/gypsy types and their kids broke in one night and opened all the coops and pens. (She kept poultry, Alpacas and sheep) Foxes and the kids dogs killed everything and I sort of lost heart. But I'm planning on selling my house in the south-east and moving to a Croft or smallholding in a really rural place and starting over. the son wants to come with me and run a music fest/glamping business alongside the organic self sufficiency small holding and since he'll presumably inherit in time it seems like a reasonable idea.

(3) Found BackYardChickens.com when looking for help with temp. & humidity for hatching Goose eggs.

(4) Other Hobbies - horse riding, painting, knitting from the spinning to the finished article, weaving (got a 4 shaft countermarch loom, my allotment, gardening, cooking, reading, planting fruit trees, building my chicken houses - really just working the land and being outside.

(5) Family; daughter, son & 3 grandsons, 5 Jack Russell terriers & 2 Jack x Poodles. Occupation - Civil Servant, and old lady getting ever more desperate to escape!

Welcome Cool.gif

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Great introduction! I hope all goes well with the Great Escape

(1)Great Grandad had chickens, ducks and turkeys, so did my Grandmother and I always wanted to be a farmer; still do.

(2) I have 1 Coronation Sussex, 9 White Leghorns, 2 Geese & 2 ducks; all hatched since February. there are 10 Pekins too, that my son bought at a local smallholders auction and an odd Silkie hen he took a liking to. I want to concentrate on the breeds on the rare Breeds Survival trust list here in the UK.
I had a lot a couple of years back, different breeds and was slowly building a reputation for good, strong, traditional stock when to woman I rented the land from fell foul of some travellers/gypsy types and their kids broke in one night and opened all the coops and pens. (She kept poultry, Alpacas and sheep) Foxes and the kids dogs killed everything and I sort of lost heart. But I'm planning on selling my house in the south-east and moving to a Croft or smallholding in a really rural place and starting over. the son wants to come with me and run a music fest/glamping business alongside the organic self sufficiency small holding and since he'll presumably inherit in time it seems like a reasonable idea.

(3) Found BackYardChickens.com when looking for help with temp. & humidity for hatching Goose eggs.

(4) Other Hobbies - horse riding, painting, knitting from the spinning to the finished article, weaving (got a 4 shaft countermarch loom, my allotment, gardening, cooking, reading, planting fruit trees, building my chicken houses - really just working the land and being outside.

(5) Family; daughter, son & 3 grandsons, 5 Jack Russell terriers & 2 Jack x Poodles. Occupation - Civil Servant, and old lady getting ever more desperate to escape!

Welcome to backyard Chickens off to hills of Dover sure hope you find what your looking for

Back
Top Bottom