Heading out Hunting! UPDATE-Got Both Deer!! Page 5

Jeeper1540

Songster
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
The Canyons of Nevada
Leaving to go hunting in about 10 minutes. Me and my dad were finally able to get a tag the same time, so we are going out together. I'm hoping for a big one! I'll give some updates when we get back in Monday night. Until then, bye BYCers!

Last edited:
hit.gif

sad.png

Good luck.....

Last edited:
went out today to pattern deer movement, wasn't planning on any serious hunting. Packed a small lunch, couple bottles of water, some jerky and a book. As an afterthought I took my bow. Sat down for a while to rest and wondered if I should have worn cammo.

Needless to say I got a button buck at about 11. As soon as I shot it I sat down a second to listen and point where it went. I turned to my right to take a sip of water and am almost nose to nose with a doe. Other than peeing myself, today has been a good day. Dad's stopping out to help me process. Be back later on
smile.png

went moose hunting this sat. spent 16 hours in the bush and no moose. came home told hubby to put trash out and he came back in with this look on his face and asked me to throw on my coat and come outside. dogs were going bonkers too jumping at the dog pen fence. the Kicker...directly across my yard in the field less than 15 feet from the road, there was a bull moose, he was calling away and then would stare at us, walk a few feet stare back at us and call again..I swear he was laughing at us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck today, hope you et a big one!!

Mule Deer with a 30.06 Browning Semi-Auto Rifle, just got it this year. This is my first hunt with it. I'm more into meat, and my tag is for a doe or buck, so if i get an opportunity at a buck, i'll take it, but i dont mind taking a doe. Like i said, i just love having the meat in the freezer to eat. It would be great to get a trophy though
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom