Headless Chicken lived for 18 months??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CluckyCharms, Oct 25, 2012.

1. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

2. jendodd79

jendodd79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2012
    8-O I don't even know what to say...

3. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    Come on! Just stop!

Not you CluckyC... the story!

Now I reallly won't sleep tonight!

4. CluckyCharms

I have no intention of hitting the hay until I can figure this out. From everything I'm reading - it really did occur. [​IMG]

5. CluckyCharms

Edit: no idea why it keeps double posting stuff! =/

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. Melabella

Jun 2, 2011
    HA HA.. I was thinking the same thing. Unbelievable.

I have jury duty in the morning too.....[​IMG]

7. CluckyCharms

I wonder if you'd be able to get out of jury duty if you told them you were too exhausted to participate due to being concerned about a chicken named Mike that lived for over a year and a half after being decapitated. Then again - they may just remove you from jury duty permanently with a whopper like that. [​IMG] In all seriousness, I can't find anything to dispute the truth of this story ... if that were me and I did that, I definitely would have put him out of his misery. Poor thing...it says he was always pecking at the ground with his neck, and trying to crow and only conjuring up "gurgle" sounds.

8. Melabella

Jun 2, 2011
    Good Idea... I'll give that a try!

I was just thinking of ways to be dismissed. Maybe I shouldn't shower after mucking stalls and feeding the chickens before I head out! I'll clear out the room!

Yes, I hated that image too. Poor thing then had to go out on the road, you know what those freak shows back in those years were like!

I went to our county fair in August and was disgusted that modern versions of those things still migrate around. grrrrrr!

I'm tired...[​IMG]

Gnite!

9. Melabella

Jun 2, 2011
    Also,,,

Love the pictures of your coops on your link... So nice! Wish we were closer, I'd get one of those! Love the Cabins!

10. Chicks on DL

Chicks on DL Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    West Coast, Florida.
    They showed the head. The guy missed and cut the poor chickens face off just behind the eyes probably just missing the brain. They had to hand feed and water the poor thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by