health concerns - bird flu

28116birdfluterroristthreat0tp.jpg

yuckyuck.gif
Well, there ya go, LOL!

As far as factory farms bringing in bird flu, that isn't what most are concerned about. The problem with factory farming is that the density, chicken on top of chicken, makes whatever they get spread like wildfire. The conditions they are kept are, clean or not (NOT from what I've seen), are a hotbed for germs to spread, if they get inside the buildings. I don't want to even get into the ways their management can promote disease. After seeing what I've seen of them, it sure changes the way I view grocery store eggs! Yuk.

Getting back to your neighbor, the dumbest people are always the loudest, aren't they? He probably carries hand sanitizer with him everywhere. Those types always have the kids who catch every little thing that comes along. Gee, think how that relates to the monoculture of a supposedly sterile factory farm?

Yep, way to go backyard poultry lovers. H5N1 virus is not even in the country, however the government has the people scared of something before it even happens. Nuclear weapons are something to fear, chickens are productive backyard pets....... that may scare you how?

Propaganda is more prevelent here in the U.S. than anywhere else in the world. We needed to go to Iraq too I suppose.

bigzio

I just love the look of disgust on people's faces when I kiss a chicken. It cracks me up.
lau.gif
Oh well, I guess I'm going to fall over dead at any moment. I don't even wash my hands after I touch them.
th.gif
I feel the sickness a comin.

Does this guy work for the government? Sorry but it sounds like some dumb crap they would come up with. I'm a new chicken ower and I'm more worried about the gov. taking my chickens for some stupid reason then I am of catching stuff from my chickens. This registering your animal thing just keeps me wired up at the gov.

I wonder if your friend's husband is a bit OCD. I have a couple OCD friends and that sounds like some of the irrational logic that they come up with.

Your neighbor needs to do some reading. There are hundreds of prevalent strains of AI out there. Few are highly pathenogenic (HAPI). If he points to Canada and the Fraser Valley as an example then he is as dumb as dirt. AI that hit there was an H7 strain that was not overly viralent. It was more a political show and cooling of the public histeria that forced the cull. Not one small or private hatchery ever tested positive. It was just a few birds at commercial facility that tested positive.

CFIA reports back this up.

Now we have food regs that make it illegal to sell any meat from a farm to the public, share it with a friends even on your own property or take it off our own property to BBQ at the park. That is where the misinformation and histaria has got us. One fell swoop and the commercial producers have no private competition. Does that smell to anyone but me?

Unfortunately, television news is probably responsible for the fear that many people feel about avian flu. They blow everything so out of proportion by harping on it over and over and over. They rely on sensationalism to attract an audience not caring how many folks are turned into phobics by their terror tactics.

chel

Back
Top Bottom