Healthy Chicks and More???

Juno's Chicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 14, 2011
Berks County
Has anyone ordered from Healthy Chicks and More Hatchery?? Experience??

If you have, can you please post some pictures??

Thanks!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I ordered my 10 chicks from them and I was satisfied. Being this is my first time ordering chicks I was kind of shocked at how small the box was with all those chicks, but I guess thats normal? Only one of the extra chicks died on the way ( i ordered 10 + free extra). I paid to have hens but ended up with 2 of the hens being roosters, unfortunately I didnt find out within their 60 day period so now i have 8 hens and 3 roos. But in general they were ok. The main reason I ordered from them is because their minimum purchase was 10 compared to the 20+ from other hatcheries.

I ordered 10 chicks Total from Healthy Chicks and More.5 Ameraucanas and 5 Black Australorps, plus 1 free rare breed. They sent 12 chicks, 6 Ameraucanas, 5 Black Australorps, and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte. they arived in 2 days. All were alive and well. The only thing I don't like about the company is, they didn't return any phone calls or emails when I had questions but, everything turned out good and I would definitely order from them again.
110409_100_2498.jpg
110409_100_2495.jpg
110409_hcam.jpg

I ordered 10 Rhode Island gals and the free mystery chic because I like surprises. I received a total of 12 chic's so I got two surprises :) They are only a few days old but they very happy and healthy and of course CUTE! I hope one of my Rhode Island turns out to be a male. I am very happy with my box of joy from Healthy Chickens and More.

I ordered 10 pullets plus a "bonus" chick in April 2011 from Healthy Chicks and More - buff orpingtons, Rhode Island reds, golden-laced wyandottes, barred plymouth rocks, black australorps. They sent 12 chicks - 11 pullets and the bonus birds (which was a male). All chicks arrived healthy and there were no sexing errors. After about a week, one of the chicks had problems walking and would only drag itself across the litter. I isolated it from the others, made sure it had access to food and water, and after a week, it was fine (it did not have splayed legs, so I'm not sure what caused this). All of the pullets matured into excellent laying hens and have had no health problems. I was surprised at the survival rate (100%) and lack of health problems, as I did not even use medicated starter feed.

I am very satisfied with this company, and would certainly order from them again. With regard to the combination of chick prices, shipping cost, and minimum order size (10), this is the best company I have found for placing a small order of pullets, with no restrictions on the number of different breeds in the order.

I ordered 11 chicks from them and was sent 15, so a few packing peanuts. :) All the chicks arrived alive, were very busy and active. They had been fed some kind of chick starter because they had pooped bright green in the bedding. They have been my most bright eyed, and friendly chicks yet. My order was accidentally double shipped, and the second group of chicks arrived looking every bit as healthy as the first. I contacted them and there was a human error made when I changed my order a couple days after placement. I was not charged again. This time I had been sent 13 and I gifted them out to happy homes. Customer service with them has been great. They will def. get more of my business.

Many do, or sell the equipment to do so yourself. Not everyone has a small backyard flock and although you and I might be opposed and find that offensive it must have a place in the poultry world somewhere. Just my two cents. I was very happy with my chicks, all appear to be female as promised thus far and lovely representations of their breed(s).

To each his own.
I'd prefer to wait it out before ordering from such a facility. This may mean I never order chicks and, frankly, I'm fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom