Healthy Snack Question for Ducklings

dansdeals3489

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Mogadore, Ohio
I have a quick question. I would like to supplemnt my week old ducklings food with some healthy snacks. What is good to give them? I would like it to be healthy for them and give them extra vitamins.....thanks Dan

i cipp peieces of lettuce into very small peices and give that to myne . I also give them some tiny pieces of bread and popcorn and mine seem to love it and i have never had any problems with my ducklings and ducks . Knock on wood

Worms and mealworms are a tasty treat for ducks! They LOVE insects of all sorts, but especially worms. They will also gobble down slugs if you have a good supply that hasn't been poisoned with slug bait. People say not to give them bread, but I think as a treat it should be fine. Mine like it! Be careful with salty stuff. Any veggie would be good - but be really careful with canned veggies because of the salt. Mine love grass. They also really like rabbit food!

Geese do not like bugs, they are vegetarians. They like grass and vegetables, but would look at you like you were an alien if you tried to feed them bugs! LOL!!

DeAnna

Back
Top Bottom