Healthy vs Unhealthy

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BuffOrps416, Jan 24, 2017.

1. BuffOrps416

BuffOrps416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, I have one Buff Orpington Hen, Canela, and like all of you am looking for more information so I can be more aware when she gets sick (which fingers crossed she doesn't). I am looking for images and/or descriptions of healthy/unhealthy chicken behaviors and physical looks. Especially early stage bumble foot vs healthy foot, normal crop vs impacted, sour, etc crop. Anything else anyone wants to add is welcome!

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Unhealthy chickens will have most of these symptoms depending on the disease.Lethargic,Anorexic,Pale comb,Eyes closed,Weak.Not alert,Not active,Weird poop.Early stages of bumble foot will consist of a forming of a black core and a light limp.Chickens with a impacted crop will have a crop as hard as a rock and chickens with sour crop will have a slushy crop and a terrible smell from there beak.
    [​IMG]
    Sick chicken

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  3. kellyhubb

kellyhubb Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2013
    Greenville, SC
  4. BuffOrps416

Thanks kellyhubb! Also, if you guys could please post some PICTURES PLEASE of healthy vs non-healthy chicken feet.

Edited for better word choice.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  5. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Heathly Chicken foot

[​IMG]

Unhealthy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BuffOrps416

Wow! Thanks.

7. BuffOrps416

Does anyone have any pictures of other angles to? Like from the back, side, or top?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by