Heartbeat in eggs

$340 U.S.
I think that is do-able with some saving, esp if you had high value birds, which I do not.
Would be great with my Marans, though. They are nice and dark with speckles. I do not even candle them anymore. Can't see a thing.
Will read the links you posted this evening. Gotta get back to the taxes and laundry....booo!

@Isadora
Can't wait to hear back from your listening with the stethoscope. I don't have any eggs in the bator right now. Very curious! Not rushing...take your time!

I think that is do-able with some saving, esp if you had high value birds, which I do not.
Would be great with my Marans, though. They are nice and dark with speckles. I do not even candle them anymore. Can't see a thing.
Will read the links you posted this evening. Gotta get back to the taxes and laundry....booo!

@Isadora
Can't wait to hear back from your listening with the stethoscope. I don't have any eggs in the bator right now. Very curious! Not rushing...take your time!
Exactly, we don't bother trying to see through Marans and dark green eggs, can't see anything so we wait until they are a day past due and toss the dead or clear and give the ones with heartbeats a little more time. It is easy to see if the chick is in distress with a very fast heartbeat. It they show distress and they are a day past due you can sometimes intercede, and sometimes you can successfully break them out.

Put it on the birthday or Christmas list!
I'd have to combine birthday and Christmas for that. As cool as that is I think it'd be more of something I budget for if we sold chicks. And if that were the case we would have a lot more in the incubator. I just hatch us enough to keep the eggs coming

@Isadora
I went to listen to the eggs and had several that were internally pipped so I wasn't really at my leisure to listen to everyone as long as I wanted. I couldn't pick up a heartbeat with a stethescope. 🤷‍♀️ It was hard to lay the scope flat on the egg without it rubbing against and making a grinding noise that drowned out everything else. Plus my kids were running around.

I went to listen to the eggs and had several that were internally pipped so I wasn't really at my leisure to listen to everyone as long as I wanted. I couldn't pick up a heartbeat with a stethescope. 🤷‍♀️ It was hard to lay the scope flat on the egg without it rubbing against and making a grinding noise that drowned out everything else. Plus my kids were running around.
A medical stethoscope has two sides. The bigger flat side is what is usually used for listening to a person’s chest or take their BP.
But you can twist the end around and use what is called the pediatric side. And that has more of a cup shape. I wonder if that side would work - it almost looks designed to listen to an egg!

A medical stethoscope has two sides. The bigger flat side is what is usually used for listening to a person’s chest or take their BP.
But you can twist the end around and use what is called the pediatric side. And that has more of a cup shape. I wonder if that side would work - it almost looks designed to listen to an egg!
Oh, I didn't realize that. Sounds like it would work better!

Thanks for gving it a try. We don't know if we don't try, right?

Good luck on that hatch!

I miss kiddies running around! Been a while for me. Daughter is 40 and Grandson will soon be 17! Time passes so fast. Enjoy those kiddies! ❤️

I have one like this. I was wondering about that.

Thanks for gving it a try. We don't know if we don't try, right?
of course. I'll try again the next time I incubate. I'd be interested to see if the pediatric side that royalchick mentioned would be better for listening to an egg.
Good luck on that hatch!
Thanks! I'm up to 8 ducklings :celebrate
I miss kiddies running around! Been a while for me. Daughter is 40 and Grandson will soon be 17! Time passes so fast. Enjoy those kiddies! ❤️
Thank you so much! I enjoy my kids so much. They constantly say funny things that crack me up. Time flies but I'm enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom