Heat exhaustion and vitamin deficiency

Jan 17, 2021
Read that heat exhaustion can causeVitamin deficiencies. Well my rooster had trouble walking and had issues with his legs so I tried pumping him full of vitamins and it worked. But it happened again and although I’m trying to give him vitamins he is refusing to drink and he’s getting worse. So is there a point of no return when it comes to something like this? I think it’s heat related since it’s abnormally hot here right now andUnlike last time, this happened quicker and a little more intense.

Once a bird/animal has been heat stroked, it becomes more susceptible to reoccurrences of the condition. They can become more severe to the point of becoming fatal.

Read that heat exhaustion can causeVitamin deficiencies. Well my rooster had trouble walking and had issues with his legs so I tried pumping him full of vitamins and it worked. But it happened again and although I’m trying to give him vitamins he is refusing to drink and he’s getting worse. So is there a point of no return when it comes to something like this? I think it’s heat related since it’s abnormally hot here right now andUnlike last time, this happened quicker and a little more intense.
When a chick doesn't drink I always wet the beak by dripping some water carefully with a papet usually it works and the chick drinks some and then starts drinking, but I don't no if it will work with a rooster

When a chick doesn't drink I always wet the beak by dripping some water carefully with a papet usually it works and the chick drinks some and then starts drinking, but I don't no if it will work with a rooster
It kind of works. But not as easy. I also tried a syringe and that’s a definite no-go!

Back
Top Bottom