Heat Lamp?!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you're going to use a heater, a panel heater is a good way to go, but in my personal opinion, you don't need a heat lamp in Tennessee, especially with cold hardy breeds like Wyandottes. I've raised chickens where winter temperatures drop to 30 F below zero, and with a well ventilated (to keep moisture from building up), dry, and draft free coop, they did just fine. Feathers are wonderful insulators, and moisture is a much greater enemy than cold. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Wyandottes.

welcome-byc.gif

@Fowl Momma I cannot seem to find that blog about the panel heater? I would love to try it! If you would not mind could you direct me on how I could find it?? Thanks! :)

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Thank you so much! @Fowl Momma I think that I just what I would need! Thanks to everyone for helping me on this! :)

Back
Top Bottom