Heated Coop

give them fresh water and good food....dump the heat!!!!....they dont need it!.......unless you want fried chicken instead of eggs!!!!!!!....
smile.png

Quote:
First winter or not (I don't know how long yellowirenut has had chickens) they are absolutely correct. We're in north central Indiana and our chickens do just fine in the cold (it was 9 yesterday morning and they were all outside in it).

Quote:
have you ever been to oklahoma its pretty cold. also our college football teams are better than ohios. i have a jacuzzi in the coop i havent shown as well.

Quote:
have you ever been to oklahoma its pretty cold. also our college football teams are better than ohios. i have a jacuzzi in the coop i havent shown as well.

chicken_jacuzzi-11965.jpg
it got a little hot i think i need to turn down the jacuzzi temp!

Quote:
x2 They dont just have feathers, look underneth th feathers, that down will keep them well warm enough. I was worried about my girls, I know, I know Im in Florida, but we do get some cold nights, in the 30's but one look at that awsome down, which as a fairly new chicken mom I wasnt realy aware how thick it was and Im not worried anymore. Just make sure there are no drafts, but still keep the coop ventilated, and they will be ok. You obviously love your birds - enjoy!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom