Heated hanging water?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by TimM, Oct 13, 2010.

1. TimM

TimM Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2010
    Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a hanging waterer with a heater? My coop is just 3' by 4' with three Golden Buffs, so it needs to be small.

I'm using a bowl on the floor now, but they mess it up real fast! So I want to hang it. But every heated waterer I've seen sits on the floor. Any thought?

Tim

2. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
  3. TimM

TimM Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2010
    Thank you!!! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Tim

4. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    It's a little messy to fill and flip since the plug is on the bottom, but otherwise it is fantastic. It was great to go down to the coop this morning and see a clean waterer. [​IMG]

5. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I was tempted to get that one, but amazon had some sketchy reviews. Mostly the bottom filler and the cheap handle, but I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about it freezing, so that's the most important thing! [​IMG]

6. borderchick

borderchick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2010
    Blaine, Washington
    I was thinking about making my own with a unit from the hardware store that is used to wrap your well head to keep it from freezing. I have had one of these units on the well for probably 20 years. Just plug it in when the temps drop to close to freezing. It is basically an electric blanket minus the blanket plus some adhesive on the wire so you could wrap it around and around the waterer.... I'll let you know how it works out.

7. ttimmerman

ttimmerman Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2012
    we went to the website and couldnt find any hanging water containers on it.

8. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    They have been known to catch fire so be careful.
    [​IMG]

9. SugarCreek

SugarCreek New Egg

Apr 6, 2013
    Indiana
    I know this reply is 4 years too late, but thought I would say that we just ordered a hanging heated waterer from www.cheerychicks.com. It looks very sturdy and has nipple drinkers. I wish we had found it 2 mos. ago, as this winter of 2014 has been terribly cold here in central Indiana. We are expecting 15 below tonight. Needless to say that we have been making many trips to the hen house to replace frozen water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by