Heated hanging water?

TimM

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a hanging waterer with a heater? My coop is just 3' by 4' with three Golden Buffs, so it needs to be small.

I'm using a bowl on the floor now, but they mess it up real fast! So I want to hang it. But every heated waterer I've seen sits on the floor. Any thought?

Tim

It's a little messy to fill and flip since the plug is on the bottom, but otherwise it is fantastic. It was great to go down to the coop this morning and see a clean waterer.
ya.gif

I was tempted to get that one, but amazon had some sketchy reviews. Mostly the bottom filler and the cheap handle, but I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about it freezing, so that's the most important thing!
smile.png

I was thinking about making my own with a unit from the hardware store that is used to wrap your well head to keep it from freezing. I have had one of these units on the well for probably 20 years. Just plug it in when the temps drop to close to freezing. It is basically an electric blanket minus the blanket plus some adhesive on the wire so you could wrap it around and around the waterer.... I'll let you know how it works out.

I know this reply is 4 years too late, but thought I would say that we just ordered a hanging heated waterer from www.cheerychicks.com. It looks very sturdy and has nipple drinkers. I wish we had found it 2 mos. ago, as this winter of 2014 has been terribly cold here in central Indiana. We are expecting 15 below tonight. Needless to say that we have been making many trips to the hen house to replace frozen water.

Back
Top Bottom