Heated water dish (or other methods) reviews wanted!

Today is my girls' first day with the heated dish... it's not meant to get above freezing today at all, so hopefully all is well. They were pretty hesitant to come out of the coop this morning, but they did come down the ramp, see the food, water, and snow, before heading back inside ;)

Today is my girls' first day with the heated dish... it's not meant to get above freezing today at all, so hopefully all is well. They were pretty hesitant to come out of the coop this morning, but they did come down the ramp, see the food, water, and snow, before heading back inside ;)

What part of the country are you in PirateGirl? I'm in WY and we got several inches of snow last night. Took my girls a few hours before they worked up the nerve to come out of their coop, lol.

What part of the country are you in PirateGirl? I'm in WY and we got several inches of snow last night. Took my girls a few hours before they worked up the nerve to come out of their coop, lol.
I'm in Colorado, your storm just blew in from the north this morning! 60 degrees yesterday and in the teens this morning! We have had a few inches of snow a few times so far, but this is the first we've had the cold with it. The last few times we got snow it melted out by afternoon mostly. I don't think that will be the case today.

Silly girls. Tell them they'd best get used to it.

The food and water is OUTSIDE not in the coop, so if they don't want to starve to death, they'll figure it out! I did put the food behind the wind block and mostly out of the snow to help out.
:thumbsup I do that too unless it's too far in the negatives. I have ducks so they'll make a huge mess if it's in the coop.

:thumbsup I do that too unless it's too far in the negatives. I have ducks so they'll make a huge mess if it's in the coop.

Haha, I was just looking at Metzer's available ducks while you were replying! I really really want ducks too, but I'm trying to have some self control and wait until next summer when I can give the project the time it needs. More fencing is involved among other things.

Haha, I was just looking at Metzer's available ducks while you were replying! I really really want ducks too, but I'm trying to have some self control and wait until next summer when I can give the project the time it needs. More fencing is involved among other things.
Self control? What's that?

You'll love them... they have fantastic personalities and are just fun to watch. They get such joy from simple things like clean water and you can't help but pick up some of that joy.

Back
Top Bottom