Heated water dish (or other methods) reviews wanted!

Pics
I've used a heated dog water bowl that is thermostatically controlled; it comes on when the temperature drops. This year if I don't sell my flock as I'm trying to, I've got a nipple water system and a heater that sits inside it which is also thermostatically controlled. Lower maintenance than the dog bowl since new new bucket holds 2.5 gallons vs. 1 gallon.

We don't freeze very often. Maybe 3 or 4 times a winter, for a couple of days. I built a water heater base from a cookie tin and a light bulb and it works well. Search YouTube and you'll see lots of options. During freeze I put water in a thick glass bowl, holds about a gallon. (Flock is under 10 birds.)

If anyone is looking into the Heated Dog Water Bowl, https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/farm-innovators-round-heated-pet-bowl-6-qt

Here is TSC that has the 6 qt for $20 ! That is cheap and it is a big size !
I am getting mine TODAY so they don't sell out ;)

Thanks! I also purchased a heated dog bowl for about $20. So far it's working well. Even if I unplug it and let the water freeze overnight, when I plug it back in in the morning the water all thaws in about 20 minutes. (I'm admittedly not always the best about going out in the cold in the dark and dumping the water)

Back
Top Bottom