Heather in Texas

texasfarm

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2016
Hello! We are new farmers. My name is Heather and my husband is Kevin. We have four amazing children 11 and under. We are originally from Marin County, CA and have lived in the great state of Texas (between Kyle and Lockhart) a few years now and we love it. We now have 27 chickens, 4 goats, 1 pig, 2 dogs and 3 barn cats lol.
We have only just begun though!
I love this website and am grateful for all of the knowledge and wisdom it provides. God bless you all.
The Taylors

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You certainly have found the right place for all the knowledge!! Sounds like you have a lovely farm. I am sure it keeps you busy! I used to keep goats too, pygmy's. They sure got into everything! Ha! What kind of pig do you keep?

Make yourself at home here. We have forums for all kinds of critters and so many members to chat with!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock! :)

Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.
Best wishes
CT

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

You certainly have found the right place for all the knowledge!! Sounds like you have a lovely farm. I am sure it keeps you busy! I used to keep goats too, pygmy's. They sure got into everything! Ha! What kind of pig do you keep?

Make yourself at home here. We have forums for all kinds of critters and so many members to chat with!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock! :)

Thank you! I think it's a wattle. We lost the boy though, the gate was left open and I'm sure the coyotes got him. When the female came back, we saw a huge coyote that was following her to the house. Yikes!

Thank you! I think it's a wattle. We lost the boy though, the gate was left open and I'm sure the coyotes got him. When the female came back, we saw a huge coyote that was following her to the house. Yikes!
Oh that is awful!!! I am so sorry!!
hugs.gif
We have a coyote den about 200 yards from the coop and I see prints all the time around the yard, coop and barn. When coyotes all get together, they can do their damage!

Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home here, and enjoy all the chickeny folks! :frow

~Cuz

Welcome from another family in the area. We are over in Dripping Springs and just started raising chickens too. Sounds like you've got quite a farm going. :)

Back
Top Bottom