Heating Questions

KyllaLace

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2018
Hi there!!!

New to the whole chicken business. I live in the cold as hell part of Canada and my coop is way to cold for my chickens . Any heat lamp recommendations. I currently have 21 chickens

Because of the risk of fires from heat lamps it's hard to recommend them for use. Many do use them at their own risk. You could probably do some searches on this site to get some ideas.

Might help if you post some pictures of the coop are at least sizes. I don't think I would really try to heat the whole coop but rather give them a spot within the coop to go warm up if needed. Maybe a couple heating pads under a piece of plywood or something else to cover and protect the heating pad. These heating pads stay on all the time, (some heating pads turn off after a set amount of time).
KIMG0171.jpg
Or a the Cozy Flat panel heater.
Many options out there some more risky than others.
If you go heat lamp try the Prima one with a quality heavy duty heat buld or shatterproof ones.Like this.
260014_1.jpg
The one pictured is from QC Supply
Infrared Heavy-Duty Hard Glass Heat Bulbs - 175 Watt - Red Glass
Buy backups also!

Last edited:
Might help if you post some pictures of the coop are at least sizes. I don't think I would really try to heat the whole coop but rather give them a spot within the coop to go warm up if needed. Maybe a couple heating pads under a piece of plywood or something else to cover and protect the heating pad. These heating pads stay on all the time, (some heating pads turn off after a set amount of time).
View attachment 1598507
Or a the Cozy Flat panel heater.
Many options out there some more risky than others.
If you go heat lamp try the Prima one with a quality heavy duty heat buld or shatterproof ones.Like this.
View attachment 1598509
The one pictured is from QC Supply
Infrared Heavy-Duty Hard Glass Heat Bulbs - 175 Watt - Red Glass
Buy backups also!
thank you so much! a hot spot is a much better idea!

Back
Top Bottom