Hedemora Fertile Hatching Eggs

mothernaturesdaughter

Songster
10 Years
Jul 13, 2009
Williamsport
Hedemora Hatching Eggs $25.00 for 6+ and $15.00 shipping. Due to an extra layer of down Hedemoras are possibly the world’s most cold hardy chicken. They should be kept in zones 2 to 4 possibly 5 unless you are willing to artificially cool them during times of high temperatures. Hedemoras carry the silkie and the smooth feather genes along with feathered or smooth legs. They most often hatch black, lavender or white with or without silver or red. They are a landrace breed originated in Sweden and reach about 4 to 5 pounds. Each egg will be in bubble wrap and double boxed.

We are NPIP PT Clean only. Please check with your local Department Of Agriculture to be sure your state allows eggs from flocks that are not certified to be AI clean before bidding since they may confiscate them. Individual states are changing daily. We test for AI yearly but are not certified since it
requires frequent blood testing...

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the compliment. I do not have any stats but, I have hatched 16 and so far none are silkied so hopefully I am due for one soon. I have a beautiful silkied rooster and once he is mature in a couple of months it should considerably increase your chances.

Just wanted to let you know the 6 eggs arrived safe and sound. After giving them a couple of days rest i placed them in the incubator Saturday. I will let you know how they progress. Thanks for the fast shipping and the extras! Ruth

I candled the 6 eggs today, 5 fertile which i consider VERY good considering having to go through the postal service and some very warm weather. I am crossing my fingers for some cute chicks in a couple of weeks! Ruth

Ok, today was the "day"! I have 4 sweet little chicks out of the six eggs that were shipped! I am so happy with these cuties. I will post some pictures tomorrow! Ruth

Back
Top Bottom