Hedemora Thread

Pics
I have three 6-mo old roosters available, but I'm in Colorado. All are "woolies" with about the same coloration as the one shown below. PM me if you're interested.

Looks like a roo to me! How did he/she turn out? I have 5 hedemora I hatched at the end of August myself. I'll post pics when I get a chance, but based on the ones I have, the features resemble my roos.

Do any of you have white Hedemora hens? The only white Hedemora I've seen (or Greenfire Farms says they know of) have all been roosters. They're shipping me a white silkie roo, and I'm wondering what I'll get when I breed him to all of my primarily black silkie hens? The breeder thinks the white is a sex-linked color to males and that if I breed the white roo to my black hens the resultant male chicks will be white. Anybody on this thread good with color genetics who could give me an answer on that? Also, do we know if you breed silkies to silkies will you get all silkie chicks? I'd like to get more feathered birds in my flock as all but two in my flock are silkies.

What kind of hatch rates are you all getting and are your chicks thriving? I had horrible hatch rates this summer with shipped eggs and the few that hatched were very small and weak in contrast to the Icelandic eggs I hatched, which did incredibly well. I love my Hedemora, but am concerned about the breed's seeming lack of vigor and disease-resistance.

I'd really like to buy some non-woolie and non-black pullets next spring if anyone sells juveniles. Please PM me if you do.

If you're in Colorado, I've got some extra roos I'd like to rehome at no charge.

Do any of you have white Hedemora hens? The only white Hedemora I've seen (or Greenfire Farms says they know of) have all been roosters. They're shipping me a white silkie roo, and I'm wondering what I'll get when I breed him to all of my primarily black silkie hens? The breeder thinks the white is a sex-linked color to males and that if I breed the white roo to my black hens the resultant male chicks will be white. Anybody on this thread good with color genetics who could give me an answer on that? Also, do we know if you breed silkies to silkies will you get all silkie chicks? I'd like to get more feathered birds in my flock as all but two in my flock are silkies.

What kind of hatch rates are you all getting and are your chicks thriving? I had horrible hatch rates this summer with shipped eggs and the few that hatched were very small and weak in contrast to the Icelandic eggs I hatched, which did incredibly well. I love my Hedemora, but am concerned about the breed's seeming lack of vigor and disease-resistance.

I'd really like to buy some non-woolie and non-black pullets next spring if anyone sells juveniles. Please PM me if you do.

If you're in Colorado, I've got some extra roos I'd like to rehome at no charge.
I've had both woolly and smooth white pullets, also a smooth white cockerel. There are pictures on post #155. I sold the woolly pullet and gave away the cockerel. I think my black and gold smooth pullets are some of the prettiest chickens I've kept. I had a silver/blue looking smooth pullet one time but it escaped unnoticed and my dog found it. I've had many blue woolly pullets. I've never seen a wheat colored bird of either sex in the USA. I have not found these birds to be fragile. Good luck.

Hello Hedemora Peeps

I am looking for a woolie cock or cockerel. I am in the California Sierras, but can receive shipped birds too.

please pm me if you have one to offer

Back
Top Bottom