Hedemora Thread

I hope they will survive down there. I lived in NC and didn't have any down there. Let me know as I am moving back in four years.

Hi. Been incubating 8 Hedemora eggs in Brinsea Mini Advanced. Out of 8 only 2 have hatched. Candled the eggs and these were the only 2 that appeared viable. I hate to be correct. Was praying for more. This is 2nd attempt with this breeders shipped eggs. Last time out of mixed fancy breed eggs 2 Hedemoras hatched. I lost those 2 while attempting to move to brooder.
Don't want to make a mistake this time. It's 24hrs in bator. Need advice on transfer. I'm familiar with hardy breed incubating. These are extremely fragile. Advice from experts please. Thanks

This is emergency! ! Lost the only 2 that hatched last try on transfer. Now have two blacks in same situation. Perhaps it's shipped eggs not good idea for me. I am so sad. First, lost light and larger dark last time..this time 2 darks..
I dare not take them from incubator. Last time they died. I have hatched many in past. Just non so fragile.
I'm so sad.

This is emergency! ! Lost the only 2 that hatched last try on transfer. Now have two blacks in same situation. Perhaps it's shipped eggs not good idea for me. I am so sad. First, lost light and larger dark last time..this time 2 darks..
I dare not take them from incubator. Last time they died. I have hatched many in past. Just non so fragile.
I'm so sad.

I am so sorry. I don't know what the problem is. I've only lost one after hatch. What is your temp and humidity in incubator?

What is your broody set up?

I hatch my Hedemoras all the time and treat them just as any other breed. I hatch them with my Mottled Ameraucana and Swedish Flowers, as well as barnyard mixes when my hens aren't broody. Shipped eggs are harder but it seems odd that they aren't making it.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. What are their symptoms? I've hatched dozens of Hedemora and don't have this sort of frailty.

Thanks for the replies. Out of 8 shipped eggs I have only 2 that hatched yesterday. They are adorable dark chicks. Both are black with a touch of white. The legs are feathered. I'm trying to post photo but am having trouble posting pic to this forum.

Thanks for the replies. Out of 8 shipped eggs I have only 2 that hatched yesterday. They are adorable dark chicks. Both are black with a touch of white. The legs are feathered. I'm trying to post photo but am having trouble posting pic to this forum.
Congrats! That doesn't sound like an unheard of rate for shipped eggs (I had two hatch out of eight eggs my first time with shipped ones). Best of luck with them:)

I had a hatch yesterday too. I have a video, but I have to upload it off site somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom