Heeeeeeelp!!!!! Emergency!!!!

Rescuedrvr4u

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 19, 2011
I have had a hen sitting for about 2 1/2 weeks. She came out once a week or so ago, ate, drank, and went right back in. I have been putting food and water in the cat carrier she decided to hold up in, everything has been fine. This morning I went down and she was out again. No big deal, made sure she had food and water and came back to the house. Went down a little over 2 hrs later and she was still out. I tried to put her back in, but she kept coming out. The eggs are cold now. ARE THEY GOING TO DIE???? Is there anything I can do? Don't have an incubator and can't buy one on Christmas day, everything is closed.

try to candle them and see if they are still alive 2 1/2 weeks they should of been getting ready to hatch. if they are still alive try to find a heat source and warm them back up but dont get them to warm until you can get a bator

Thats a difficult situation. Id candle them an then if they are near hatching, then get a cardboard box and a lamp and a wet sponge, set them up and wait. make sure they have enough humidity. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

What's the weather like where you are? My broodies will leave their nests for several hours on warm days, less time on cold ones. Still have good hatches.

Back
Top Bottom