heel spurs anyone gottem? update!!!

Gonzo

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Southwestern, In
I have them bad! Have anyone ever tried the heel tape? I think I have this new job, and I will be one my feet 12hrs a day... I can't get my cordizone shots in my feet until I get insurance again... so I'm desperate... heres the tape I saw... http://heelspurs.com/cgi-bin/c/stor...request_button=Search Products&keywords=p=tap I wonder if it would work? My shoe selection is limited because I have to wear steel toes, so I'm kinda looking for a miracle here!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Ok, I don't have the heel spurs just yet, and hopefully I never will, but I do have Plantars Fasciitis in both heels, but it's worse in the right, so foot pain is a constant for me. I am always hurting when I walk, stand, crouch, etc. I found this website: www.footsmart.com And I am sooooooooooo glad I did! I bought a pair of Propet shoes and a pair of flip flops from there. Most comfortable shoes I've ever owned, both pairs. I also bought these arch supports that I wear with the Propets, and because up until now I have not been able to afford the foot brace to sleep in, I've been sleeping with my arch supports on. I have had almost no heel pain the last few days. Oh, it's still there, but it's minimal compared to how it usually is, and I can comfortably flex my foot, something I haven't been able to do in FOREVER. But on that website they sell products as well as the shoes, and the products cover a wide range of foot problems. They have products for bunions, heel pain, fallen arches, you name it. Check it out and see if they have some shoe inserts that could help. I do believe I saw some that would work perfect for you. I am planning to order my foot brace very soon. I'm looking forward to using it because I used to wake up every morning for about the last 14 years nearly unable to put weight down on my right foot in the morning because of how severe the heel pain was. Now I can get up and hobble to the bathroom with little pain. I'm looking forward to starting to go for walks again. Been in too much pain most days to do much walking. Hope I was able to help you out there. Hope they have a product or two that will help you.
smile.png

I thought you were talking about roos for a minute there.. until i read through your post....
tongue.png

What are they??
Do they make your heels kill around the edges!? Because if so.. then i have them too....
i always just said it was cause i'm fat... but maybe i actually have a legit medical excuse now...
woot.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
i've put on some pounds in the last few years but my feet have only been bothering me for the past year or so - to the point of hobbling, YES! have been finally thinking about going to the doctor about it. will check out the shoe link. i just got some of those sketcher 'shape-ups' and they feel like walkin' on a big ole' marshmallow. still waiting to see if they help. i think they have a little...
fl.gif

found out today that they are herdatary! My heels turn inwards wearing out that part of the heels shoes. I'm to the point where I need a walker or my DH just to get outta bed. Its aweful! and I work on concrete! Yesterday the doc gave me cortizone shots in the heels,
ep.gif
ouch! it hurts! and taped my feet! I have to wear plastic bread bags in the shower for a week while the tape is on my feet! I feel for my co~workers! I work 12 hr shifts and the coolist its been in there is nothing less than 110 degrees!
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
After many years of suffering I found a foot dr and he made precription inserts and the porblem went away, after the adjustment period, pain free for 4 years but it occurs again if I got 2-3 days w/out the inserts. My Mother Foot dr was going to do surgery but I convinced her to travel to my Dr and he fixed her and 3 of her nurse friends.

Yes i got one in my left foot. Had it x-rayed to find what the problem was.
I was told to flex my foot and do that regularly. It helped for awhile, but now it does not really help.
Might finally go in and get a shot to try to get it to stop hurting.

I don't have them, but I did have some heel pain a few months ago. I thought it might be a heel spur, but it turned out my shoes were the cause!

It is definitely worth it to spend the money and get either a good pair of shoes (and there are very good brands of steel toes out there! My work boots are some of the most comfy shoes I own!) or to get really good inserts. You can get some temporarily from a drug store until you get insurance. Then I would recommend going to a podiatrist for some custom inserts.

I had plantar fasciitis about 15 years ago. My podiatrist gave me cortisone injections and taped my foot; he also made me prescription orthotics. I wore the inserts for awhile and the pain went away… I was pain free for many years. I moved away from my wonderful doctor and one day… the pain came back. My new doctor helped but was just not as good. Enter my sister the nurse. She recommended that I keep a GOLF BALL in my night stand drawer. Every morning when I wake up I put the golf ball on the floor and roll it around a bit with my sore foot, using the arch area. I do this before I put my foot flat on the floor and before I take a step. At first I stay sitting on the bed and then I gradually add a bit more weight. I flex my toes up and down and do the same with my heel. It only takes a few minutes to limber it all up…THEN I can walk to the bathroom without pain!! I know this sounds silly, but it did help me and it’s very cheap to try…

One word of caution—Keep the golf ball out of the reach of dogs, they could swallow it and choke.

Back
Top Bottom