Heffley Chicken Ranch

Bradshev

In the Brooder
I'm Brad. New to chicken fun farming.
I've read a LOT of things on this site , and after filtering through it, most of it is quite helpful.
I'm building a 12×8 coop w/a 12×20 covered run plus another 20×50 fenced but not covered run where my Marema (dog) will guard during the day. I'm aiming for a test group of 15 hens to see how much they love their new home.
Any helpful hints ?
Wolfie. ....

Welcome to BYC, Brad. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of hens are you planning to get and your main purpose in getting them? Eggs? Meat? Both?

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Rule of thumb is 4 sq.feet inside the coop per bird (not counting roosts or nest boxes, and 10 sq.feet per bird in the outdoor run. I'm sure your LSGD will be kept busy, persuading predators to visit someone else. Every critter seems to love chickens and not in a good way.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock"

Sounds like you'll have a nice coop with plenty of room for 15 hens! I suggest taking a look at the Learning Center for lots of helpful information on raising chickens: Learning Center Articles

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

Good luck with your future chickens! It sounds like you have a nice roomy coop for them.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
What breed of chickens are you going to get?

Back
Top Bottom