HEHEHE I got duckys!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chubbydog811, May 17, 2010.

1. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Just got home from picking up my new little ducklings...They were hatched yesterday, and I am incredibly excited!!! [​IMG]

These aren't my first ducks, but they are the first "water" ducks I've gotten...I started with a few Muscovys, but they weren't too thrilled about water...

Anyway, I just had to tell someone!! I'll have some pictures posted soon! [​IMG]

2. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    What kind did you get I have rouen and pekin we have so much fun with them, they dive in the bath tub the kids get in and they swim all around the kids.
    We cant wait to get a pool this summer is going to be the best

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Congrats. So what kind did you get? I have 4 baby 'scovies' and they love the water. First thing they do every morning is jump into thier little water tub and bathe.

4. chubbydog811

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I got Rouens...These were the kind I wanted last year, but couldn't find any locally! I cant wait for them to get interested in the kiddy pool I have for them!!

5. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Sounds like fun. Ducks are awesome and soooo darn cute. Waddle -Waddle [​IMG]~ I am thinking about getting a few runners or khaki campbells to add to my group for laying duck eggs.

6. chubbydog811

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] I really wanted a handful of runner ducks, but the Rouens were my second choice hehe...Still working on pictures...It got late way too fast today!

7. nolable88

nolable88 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2009
    AWW i want duckys!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by