Hei from Norway

ArcticChickens

In the Brooder
Nov 14, 2019
Northern Norway
Hei, my name is Katrin and my family and I live in northern Norway. We moved here two years ago and during our first summer built a (very well insulated) coop and got our first flock of chickens. At the moment we have our four very dignified Leghorn ladies and a lively group of ten Sussex hens and roosters, seven of which hatched just in July. The thing I love most about keeping chooks is seeing happy chickens! We are fortunate enough to be able to let them free-range in the fields and I spend far too much time observing the flock. I'm so fascinated by them - how each one has its own personality, how they have likes and dislikes, how they form friendships (or absolutely cannot stand another chook)... BYC has been invaluable since we started and I look forward to being part of this amazing community!

inCollage_20191031_061503338.jpg

Welcome! Anxious to hear more stories about your chicken-adventures! My husband and I were in Norway a few weeks ago. We visited Oslo, Flam, Bergen, and then flew up to Tromso for a few days. Tromso was breathtakingly beautiful, and of course, we spent a night chasing the Northern Lights. It was my 2nd time visiting Norway. Just beautiful, and everyone is so friendly.

Hei, my name is Katrin and my family and I live in northern Norway. We moved here two years ago and during our first summer built a (very well insulated) coop and got our first flock of chickens. At the moment we have our four very dignified Leghorn ladies and a lively group of ten Sussex hens and roosters, seven of which hatched just in July. The thing I love most about keeping chooks is seeing happy chickens! We are fortunate enough to be able to let them free-range in the fields and I spend far too much time observing the flock. I'm so fascinated by them - how each one has its own personality, how they have likes and dislikes, how they form friendships (or absolutely cannot stand another chook)... BYC has been invaluable since we started and I look forward to being part of this amazing community!
Hi! By the way, my name is also Katrin , I am from Estonia. Here is really fantastic and kind community. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom