Hei from Norway

Hei hei everyone, thank you so much for your warm words of welcome! It's a really special community indeed!
(Incidentally, the week I finally joined BYC was the worst week for the chooks since I started the whole flock. First, one of my young roosters died ((we suspect some congenital issues since he was so much smaller than the others)), and then one of my young hens was attacked by a hawk and badly wounded. She's still hanging in there and I keep my fingers crossed! It's the first time I had any serious issues with the chooks so this week has been a steep learning curve!)
So sorry to hear that! :hugs. Hope your hen pulls through. :fl

@ArcticChickens - A late welcome to the site! :welcome

What a beautiful assortment of chickens you have. So happy to have you, and look forward to hearing more about your experiences in Norway with your flock! Would love to see photos of them all!

welcomeimage.png

Hei, my name is Katrin and my family and I live in northern Norway. We moved here two years ago and during our first summer built a (very well insulated) coop and got our first flock of chickens. At the moment we have our four very dignified Leghorn ladies and a lively group of ten Sussex hens and roosters, seven of which hatched just in July. The thing I love most about keeping chooks is seeing happy chickens! We are fortunate enough to be able to let them free-range in the fields and I spend far too much time observing the flock. I'm so fascinated by them - how each one has its own personality, how they have likes and dislikes, how they form friendships (or absolutely cannot stand another chook)... BYC has been invaluable since we started and I look forward to being part of this amazing community!
Hei, Katrin! I'm fairly new to BYC, too, and the community has been really helpful with my questions. I've just started my flock in May, and the hens are beginning to lay eggs....not very many yet. I also purchased a rooster recently and have spent too much time just watching how they all interact. You must have cold hardy chickens, what breeds? My ancestry is Norwegian/Swedish and I live in Northern Vermont. My chickens don't seem to mind the cold. Welcome to the group!

Hoping there is someone in Norway still watching this thread. Last year I was watching a television show on NRK online when NRK decided to stop allowing those outside access to their network.
I am looking for the name of a show.
It was a farm family that did things the old way, horse plowing, baking etc. They did not wear period clothing, just simple farm wear, to my memory.
Anyone?

Hoping there is someone in Norway still watching this thread. Last year I was watching a television show on NRK online when NRK decided to stop allowing those outside access to their network.
I am looking for the name of a show.
It was a farm family that did things the old way, horse plowing, baking etc. They did not wear period clothing, just simple farm wear, to my memory.
Anyone?
Hi!
Europeans have a place where they write. Try to find general topic, just scroll down and headline is:
Where am I? Where are you!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/where-am-i-where-are-you.26/post-thread
Maybe you'll find someone in Norway.

Back
Top Bottom