Height of hardware cloth?

The frame for my walls are about the same height ... I went ahead and ran 1/2" hardware cloth all the way to the top. Expensive, but I felt it was worth it. I tried to keep as long of runs of the cloth as possible before cutting it, and then tried to put the seam along something solid. The HC is secure with regular T-50 staples (I used a bunch, but I need to go back over it with something a bit more robust)

I chose to run the HC along the outside rather than the inside, the thought being that it is much easier for an animal to push than pull, and that if I had put the HC on the inside, the animal's pushing would have pulled the staples out much easier.

I overlapped all the seams and then secured both sides with j-clips. Then ran hexagonal poultry wire over the top of the run. (I tried a cloth net at first, but it became a horrible, frustrating, tangled profanity-inducing mess. Never again.)

Then I secured the poultry wire roof to each other and the wall hardware cloth, first with zip-ties to stabilize it, then went back with j-clips about every 8" for (what I hope is) a very difficult experience for intruders

Back
Top Bottom