HELF disease?...?Can't fly help please she's my baby

Angelpoo

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 26, 2012
My chicken had pneamonia for awhile so she was put in the house untill my family could no longer stand the smell of a chicken in the house... She was almost better when I put her out with the coop. But ever since she was sick she can't fly.... Not even knee hight and she used to fly like 3 and a half feet in the air to get on the perch before.... I've seen her try... But all she dies is hop... What's wrong!!!!!

Sorry, but I just don't get it--what are exactly her symptoms? Just can't fly? Or one or both legs are paralysis completely?
Any other symptoms?

Last edited:
Pneumonia? I strongly suggest you quarantine her from your other birds, treat or cull her. Sounds like your roosts are too high, lower them or you'll eventually be dealing with foot/leg injuries with your other birds.

She can't even fly as high as my knee... She was gasping for breath about two weeks ago so I had her inside and kept her warm and her breathing is normal now. She's put with the other birds now.. She can walk and run she eats and drinks, she just can't fly.

Back
Top Bottom