Silkie with weird disease/condition, please help.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I did start her on the Vit E daily, and it actually is very easy to pill a chicken, at least with the gel caps! Go figure! I have been giving her egg, I probably didn't mention that. I'm going to start her on the Vit B complex tomorrow.

So far she's been doing pretty well. No recurrences (fingers crossed) as of yet. I've had her out in the run yesterday and today with the others. I had to segregate one bully to chicken jail--interestingly enough, her sister, a smaller Silkie hen who has always been her bud. Chickens can be so mean! A couple of the others were picking on her as well.

I supervise them and put lots of places for her to hide. So far, so good...

Thank you very much! I just ordered some vitamins. It seems to be nutritionally related. So weird that it worsens at night. I've never given a pill to a chicken, aren't those Vit E pills huge?
The Vit E soft gel capsules do seem huge but our chickens eat mice, snakes, all kinds of things. You can't cut them open either as they are nasty and the chicken won't eat whatever you mix it into....been there, done that.

I just opened her beak and put it in then held her head still to make sure she swallowed it. Don't forget a little scrambled egg after you give it.

Back
Top Bottom